Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September: The Month in Media


September was an excellent media month. Here are a few of my favorite books, movies and songs from last month.
      
      ·         Best Movie: Begin Again

“A chance encounter between a disgraced music-business executive and a young singer-songwriter new to Manhattan turns into a promising collaboration between the two talents.” -IMDb

This movie starring Keira Knightley was stellar. I loved the music in the film!  Kiera might not be Mariah Carey, but she has a very pleasant, sweet voice. Another good movie this month was: “If I Stay

      ·         Best Fictional Book: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Okay so I actually read this a few months ago, but it was amazing! For sure this was one of my favorite books of the year. It made me laugh so much and the story was so sweet! If you are feeling depressed, you should read this book. I’m 99% sure it will lift your spirits

      ·         Best Pop Song: Shake it Off by Taylor Swift

I love Taylor Swift and I’m not ashamed to admit it. While this song doesn’t have much emotional depth, it is straight up toe-tapping fun. The first night I heard this song I couldn’t stop dancing. It is a real pick-me-up and it makes me happy. I can’t wait to hear the rest of 1989

      ·         Best Non-fiction Book: The Social Animal by David Brooks

I haven’t actually finished this book, but so far it has been fascinating and I’ve learned a lot. It’s about how your subconscious effects your actions. If you are into psychology or just like learning new things you should read this.

      ·         Other Amazing Songs:         

I mentioned “If I Stay” came out and I have to say the soundtrack was excellent. A few of my favorites from it are: Halo by Linnea Olsson, Heal by Tom Odell, Promise by Ben Howard, I will be there by Odessa, Until we get there by Lucius, and Today By Willamette Stone.

Well, that rounds up the “Best ofs” for this month.
Enjoy,
Deborah


1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb! I nominated you for the Liebster award :)
    Here's the link:
    http://navigating-fairyland.blogspot.com/2015/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete