Saturday, August 23, 2014

This Moment.


"There is an ache in my soul,
To go somewhere, 
To do something, 
To be someone, 
But as I gaze over,
This great expanse
Of sun and sky and mountains,
I realize this moment, 
Is exactly where I need to be"
   -D. J. R. 

I often feel like my life isn't enough. I watch movies and read books and then I long to go where the characters go and to feel what they feel. Kind of like a longing for places I've never been and things I've never felt.

I wrote this poem one day while I was traveling, we were only about an hour on the road, and I looked out the window and was filled with a sense of peace and belonging. I realized the beauty and value of remaining in each moment for only a moment and then moving on. 

Now, whenever I feel discontented, I read over this poem and remember that day; and I'm free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment