Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Poem on Feeling Aimless

I took this a few days ago while skiing.

This is a poem I found recently that I wrote a while ago. I wrote it during a time when I was feeling aimless - so small and insignificant; as if I never had done anything truly important. I don't suppose I've done anything really significant since them, but rather I've realized that it's the people around you that you touch, which is far more important than where you work or what you've done. I don't think i'll every truly know how much I effect other people, whether that be in a good way or otherwise. Anyways, here's the poem:

I am reaching for something I cannot attain – for a light that will ever glow, for a love that seems to hide it's face. Thoughts of purpose drift through me - a river of music running up ahead. I want to sleep – to dream of light, of love, of courage, of peace... a state of genuine awe at this strange thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment