Monday, April 7, 2014

April Booklist


1. Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Bernadette has a wild heart, but after months of living in Seattle (which she hates) she pulls inside of herself, and becomes somewhat of a recluse.  But her daughter, Bee hatches a plan to draw her out and back into the world.

I've heard this book is really funny and I’m excited to read it!

2. Messenger by Lois Lowry

When I read “The Giver” and “Gathering Blue” in middle school I always felt like they were incomplete. I didn't realize until a few weeks ago that was because there are two more books in the series “Messenger” and “Son.” So I’ve decided to read them both before "The Giver" movie comes out in August.

3. Wild by Cheryl Strayed

This book detailing Cheryl Strayed”s 1,100 mile hike to healing has been everywhere lately – On blogs, in magazines, and on the display table at the library (To name a few places) an while at first I stayed away because I don't generally love memoirs (excepting The Year of Magical Thinking” by Joan Didion which was excellent), I decided to give it a shot mostly because of all the positive reviews I've read on it.

Have Your read any of the above books? What did you think of them?

Enjoy,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment